Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Without HIM

May Your love be upon us O Lord, as we place all our hope in You (Psalm 33:22)

Had a different weekend with a family trip to a beautiful hill station close to Mumbai... where we participated in Mass on Sunday. The celebrant caught me by surprise, when he invited me, by name, to share the presence of God in my life. 

Yes, God has truly blessed me and my family in oh so many wonderful ways. And the more we thank Him, the more He showers His mercy and love upon all of us. All that I need to do is to stay connected to Him and His grace.

And in the Gospel of today, Jesus tells us how connected we should be...

I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)

Yes, indeed! Without Him, I can really do nothing... Took me back to this reflective hymn from back in my childhood. 


Without Him I could do nothing
Without Him I'd surely fail
Without Him I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

But with Him I could do all things
And with Him I'd never fail
And over the stormiest ocean
With perfect peace I'll sail


Thank You Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Problem of Prison

I have a colleague who loves the spice. Yesterday someone asked her, “Do you put sugar in your tea... or would you rather have it with c...