Thursday, May 4, 2017

Three Wooden Crosses


We are in the Third Week of Easter... 

The number 3 has a special significance in Christianity... The Holy Trinity... The Third Day... what else...

There's this wonderful story that I came across some years ago... The Three Trees...


Did you like the story? You probably have heard many stories like this before... possibly at Catechism. Cut to the first reading of today... 



"How can I unless someone instructs me?"

Nine years ago, I responded to an announcement inviting volunteers to teach at Catechism at my parish at St. Michael's Church Sharjah. And my life has changed ever since... Thanks to the orientations, recollections, retreats and training courses I've attended over the years, I've learnt so much more about God and am so much better prepared to share about Him - wherever in the world He leads me. 




Chris Tomlin leading Praise for Our God... We got to praise Him in the morning, in the noontime, in the evening... at all times. Incidentally it's Chris Tomlin's birthday today... And as I was researching today's musical birthday for the other blog I write... A Musical Twist To Life, I came across a Country singer with a birthday today, Randy Travis... and a song with a story about Three Wooden Crosses.



A beautiful story to think about... but there's this beautiful picture of the three wooden crosses on a Mount of Calvary that remind me of God who hung there for my salvation... 




I'd included this picture on my blog post on Good Friday 2016 with some of the really touching tracks of the day... Give it a listen if you'd like to be touched by Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Problem of Prison

I have a colleague who loves the spice. Yesterday someone asked her, “Do you put sugar in your tea... or would you rather have it with c...